Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blog2Print and gyms

I acted upon my enthusiastic discovery of the Blog2Print feature a few days ago and now I have my 2009 blog book ready to order. I'm so excited!

I started back up on my gym routine yesterday. It was good, maybe I exerted myself a little too much or ok, not a little, a heck of a lot and I had to deal with a bad headache the entire day/evening after that. I didn't have my heart rate monitor on me and I think I must have been in zones 3 and 4, almost the whole time, crazy me. I  also realized that I have to cancel my new gym membership at YMCA and "crawl" back to LifeTime Fitness! That's where we were going when we were back in Omaha and at the risk of sounding snobbish, I can tell you that it's more than worth the extra $20-$30/mo and the 20 min drive. Yesterday I realized that A/C in a locker room is a must-have! So good bye YMCA and hello LifeTime Fitness! Our experience at LFT was great from the very beginning, loved every minute of it. It's really like a spa. From the latest equipment, to excellent service, group fitness instructors, dieticians, children's club, that place is simply amazing! The other reason I guess we're switching is because of the swimming lesson approaches are so different at the two gyms and it'd be in Ella's best interest to continue on with how she started at LFT. At LFT they're not using  floaters and they're really learning how to swim on their own in a 3-4 ft deep pool whereas other places use floaters in a 2-3 ft pool with no 0 level. I'm not the swim expert but it just makes a little more sense to go with the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Birthday!

Ella turns 12!!!!! Lots of milestones: graduated from Primary, moved into Young Women's, got her temple recommend. She is such an a...